“You want a piece of me? You got it!!!” – Frank Constanza (Seinfeld)
Win a piece of X Game history by entering our Tweet-to-Win Sweepstakes. This is going to be Carey Hart’s final X Games competition and Hart is giving away his jersey and helmet that he’ll be wearing on Saturday evening — dirt and all.
More details after the jump.
How Do I Enter?
During the X Games, sign in at Twitter.com and follow @ebaymotors. Then attend the Twitter Party at www.ebay.com/racing and participate by tweeting #eBayRacing from anywhere at the X Games.
Multiple tweets are great if you are sending updates and photos to the party, but it won’t increase your chances of winning. We only allow one entry per person per Twitter account during the promotion period.
At the eBay Fan Zone located in X FEST, ask an eBay representative how you can scan for a chance to win a meet-and-greet with Hart during the X Games.
Did I Win?
After the Promotion Period, two winners will be randomly drawn from all qualified entries received. One will win the helmet signed by Carey Hart; the second winner gets the autographed jersey.
eBay will then Direct Message (DM) the winners via the eBay Twitter account to receive the winner’s email address for prize fulfillment. The winners will be tweeted at the end of the party.
Link to official rules are HERE.
Follow Carey Hart on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and on his blog.
EBAY MOTORS TWEET TO WIN SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER AND WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The eBay Motors Tweet to Win Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age and older, who are physically located and reside in the United States or District of Columbia (“Eligible Participant”). Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members, of eBay Inc. (“eBay”) and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions (“eBay Entities”) (eBay and eBay Entities collectively, “Sponsor”), Sponsor’s advertising and promotion agencies, and Tenthwave Digital LLC are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes and personal jurisdiction shall exclusively be the state and federal courts located in Santa Clara, California.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Sweepstakes will start at 12:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) on June 27, 2012 and end on July 1, 2012 at 11:59:59 PM PT (“Promotion Period”). Two (2) winners will be selected in a random drawing from among eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, you must have or create a non-private Twitter account (“Twitter account”). If you already have a Twitter account, submit your email address and password and sign in. If you are not an existing member of Twitter, you will be required to follow the directions and join Twitter. When you join Twitter, you are indicating that you have read and agree to accept the Twitter Terms of Service and Privacy y Policy. Membership to Twitter.com is free. To be entered in the Sweepstakes, sign in at Twitter.com and do the following: go to www.twitter.com/eBayMotors and click “Follow.” Then, attend the Twitter Party at www.ebay.com/racing and participate in the conversation during the Promotion Period by tweeting using the hashtag #eBayracing (“Entry”). Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT on July 1, 2012 in order to be eligible. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per Twitter account during the Promotion Period. Subsequent entries submitted by the same entrant during the Promotion Period are void. Entries will not be judged or scored. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged. The website’s clock will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
Entering via a wireless mobile device requires a wireless connection and may not be available on all wireless carriers and in all areas of the U.S. Message and data rates may apply. Other charges may apply. Check your wireless plan for details. Participation in this Sweepstakes by wireless mobile device means that Eligible Participant understands that he/she may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifying Eligible Participant if he/she is a winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to Entrant’s carrier’s rate plan.
Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, late or inaccurate are void. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete illegible, damaged or misdirected entries. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder associated with the username used to enter via Twitter. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a username by twitter.com. You must enter using only a twitter.com account subscribed to and registered in your name. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the person subscribed and registered to the username from which entries are received. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the user name/Twitter Account associated with a winning entry. Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entry must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image, and may not be offensive, nor can it defame, or invade upon the publicity rights or privacy of any person or otherwise infringe upon any person or entity’s intellectual property, personal or proprietary rights, as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion. Sponsor reserves all rights, including the right to edit, publish, use, adapt, modify, or dispose of any entry, proper names, likenesses, and photographs for advertising and promotional purposes in all media (including, but not limited to, the internet) without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
ALL ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL ENTRIES SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES ARE SUBMITTED ON A NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY BASIS AND MAY BE USED BY SPONSOR, ITS AGENTS AND SUBSIDIARIES, FOR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES INCLUDING (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: Two (2) winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about July 2, 2012 from among all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted under the supervision of the Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions are final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by a Twitter direct message and by electronic mail and/or overnight or U.S. mail on or about July 2, 2012. Potential winners must be following @eBayMotors on Twitter at time of notification in order to be eligible to receive a prize.
Potential winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release and, where legal, publicity release, and return these documents, properly executed, within 7 days of issuance of notification. Non-compliance with these requirements within this time frame, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified and the prize will be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prizes. Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit one (1) prize per person.
6. PRIZES: Two (2) Grand Prizes will be awarded during the Promotion Period. One (1) Carey Hart – eBay Motors competition worn helmet. 2012 Summer X Games – Speed & Style, Manufacturer – Fox Helmet, Designer – Jason Beam (Beam Designs), Certificate of Authenticity on file. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $4,500. One (1) Carey Hart – eBay Motors competition worn jersey. 2012 Summer X Games – Speed & Style. Manufacturer – Shift Racing Gear. Certificate of Authenticity on File. ARV: $1,500. Total ARV of all prizes: $6,000.
Prizes are awarded “as is” and any and all guarantees and warranties on merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturers’ terms and conditions, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim.
All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes are not transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted, except that Sponsor at its sole discretion, may substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Specifics of a prize are in sponsor’s sole discretion. A claimed prize will be awarded. If a winner is 18 years of age but deemed a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, TENTHWAVE DIGITAL LLC AND TWITTER, INC., THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES), INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (COLLECTIVELY, “CLAIMS”), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS BROUGHT BY THIRD PARTIES. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE EBAY SITE OR ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, garbled, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries or submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website, inability to submit an entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit an Eligible Participant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. Releases are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged or misdirected entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of the Sweepstakes or modify these Official Rules at any time without notice, if in the judges’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes or for any other reason in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor may void any entries they suspect are at issue and award the prize from among all non-suspect eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who violates the rules or interferes with the Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Sweepstakes via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in that individual’s IP address and all entries from that IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, each Eligible Participant agrees to release and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the Entry.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this Sweepstakes, or to amend these Official Rules, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error or any kind, or for any other reason.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Website and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Official Rules, or as a result of technical problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Sweepstakes as contemplated in these Official Rules.
10. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, available after 8/1/12, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 8/1/12 to: eBay Motors Tweet To Win Sweepstakes Winners, P.O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
11. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125. Administrator: Tenthwave Digital LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 207W, Melville, NY 11747.
Twitter, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes and has not authorized or otherwise sanctioned or agreed to this Sweepstakes and/or the use of Twitter’s name and/or service for the purposes set forth herein.
©Copyright 2012 Tenthwave Digital LLC. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these Official Rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.