Official Rules eBay Garage Sweepstakes
EBAY GARAGE SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER AND WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHO ARE REGISTERED MEMBERS OF WWW.EBAY.COM.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
Go here to enter the sweepstakes: eBay Garage
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: eBay Garage Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age and older, who are physically located and reside in the United States or District of Columbia and who are registered members of www.ebay.com at the time of entry (“Eligible Participant”). Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members, of eBay Inc. (“eBay”) and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions (“eBay Entities”) (eBay and eBay Entities collectively, “Sponsor”), Sponsor’s advertising and promotion agencies, and Tenthwave Digital LLC and all others associated with the design, execution, production, development, and promotion of this Sweepstakes or are connected to this Sweepstakes in any way are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes and personal jurisdiction shall exclusively be the state and federal courts located in Santa Clara, California.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) on November 2, 2012 and ends 11:59:59 PM PT on November 16, 2012 (the “Promotion Period”). One (1) Grand Prize, two (2) First Prizes and twenty (20) Second Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are three (3) ways to enter this Sweepstakes: online, mobile application and via U.S. Mail. Online: Go to http://www.ebay.com/motors/garage, log on with your eBay User ID and password and create a vehicle public profile that will exist in your “garage” on eBay Motors My Vehicles. Once you have successfully logged in and have created a vehicle profile during the Promotion Period, you will receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. Entry must be made by 11:59:59 PM PT on November 16, 2012 in order to be eligible. Limit up to ten (10) entries per eBay User ID via this method of entry. Subsequent entries submitted by the same eBay User ID will be void. Mobile Application: To enter the Sweepstakes via mobile application, download the eBay Motors mobile application to your mobile device and log in providing the information requested. Once you have successfully logged in, create a vehicle public profile that will exist in your “garage” on eBay Motors My Vehicles. Once you have successfully logged in and have created a vehicle profile during the Promotion Period, you will receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. Entry must be made by 11:59:59 PM PT on November 16, 2012 in order to be eligible. Limit up to ten (10) entries per eBay User ID via either the online or mobile application method of entry. Subsequent entries submitted by the same eBay User ID will be void. This method of entry is not available without a wireless connection (e.g. Wi-Fi or wireless carrier connection) and may not be available on all wireless carriers and in all areas of the U.S. Message and data rates may apply. Other charges may apply. Check your wireless plan for details. Participation in this Sweepstakes by wireless mobile device means that Eligible Participant understands that he/she may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifying Eligible Participant if he/she is a winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to Entrant’s carrier’s rate plan. Additional Entries: You can receive additional entries in the Sweepstakes in the following ways during the Promotion Period: (1) For every picture you add to your public profile during the Promotion Period, you will receive one (1) additional entry in the Sweepstakes. Limit up to ten (10) additional entries per eBay User ID via this method of entry. Subsequent entries submitted by the same eBay User ID via this method will be void. (2) For every time someone “favorites” your vehicle public profile during the Promotion Period, you will receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. Limit up to ten (10) additional entries per eBay User ID via this method of entry. Subsequent entries submitted by the same eBay User ID via this method will be void. (3) When you convert your private vehicle profile to a public vehicle profile during the Promotion Period, you will receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) additional entry per eBay User ID via this method of entry. Subsequent entries submitted by the same eBay User ID via this method will be void. Additional entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT on November 16, 2012 in order to be eligible. By Mail – ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY: To enter the Sweepstakes by U. S. Mail, hand print your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, eBay User ID, date of birth, email address (optional) and daytime telephone number on a 3” X 5” card, and mail it, in an envelope with postage affixed, to: eBay Garage Sweepstakes P. O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by November 16, 2012 and received by November 23, 2012 in order to be eligible. Enter by mail as often as you wish. Limit one entry per outer envelope. Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, postage due, late or inaccurate are void. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete illegible, damaged, postage due or misdirected entries. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If a dispute results as to the identity of an online entrant, it will be determined that the online entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the eBay User ID from which the entry is made. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to an eBay User ID by eBay Inc. The promotional Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. If an entrant who is an eBay member changes his/her telephone number, email address, and/or street address after he/she enters the Sweepstakes, it is his/her sole responsibility to notify the Sweepstakes Administrator by (postal) mailing notice to the Administrator’s address (listed below) to be received by the end of the Promotion Period.
For greater certainty, if it is discovered that an Eligible Participant (or any person or entity purporting to be an Eligible Participant) has attempted to: (i) obtain more than the stated number of entries allowed during the Promotion Period; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) email address to enter the Sweepstakes; then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) he/she may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Any Entry you submit will be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor it is not completed and submitted during the Promotion Period. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated system to enter or otherwise disrupt this Sweepstakes is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. All Entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Sweepstakes. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about Novmeber 26, 2012 from among all eligible online and mail-in entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by Tenthwave Digital LLC, an independent judging organization, in Melville, NY. Judges’/Sponsor’s decisions are final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by electronic mail and/or overnight or U.S. mail on or about November 26, 2012. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release and where legal, a publicity release, and Federal and State tax release, and return these documents, properly executed, within 7 days of issuance of notification. Potential First and Second Prize Winners may be required to verify their mailing address prior to issuance of prize. Non-compliance within this time frame, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize will be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of a prize. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible online and mail-in entries received. Limit one prize per person/eBay User ID.
6. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: Bubba Watson’s 2012 Ford® F-150 SVT Raptor with Tuxedo Black Metallic Paint and Black Leather and Cloth interior. Grand Prize winner must have proof of valid insurance and a valid driver’s license in his/her state or place of residence in order to receive prize. Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for title/license/registration/dealer prep/insurance/taxes/any other costs associated with this prize. Grand Prize winner must take delivery of vehicle within 30 days of notification that vehicle is available. Grand Prize awarded “as is” and all manufacturer’s guarantees & warranties apply. Image of vehicle depicted on the promotional website may be slightly different than actual vehicle awarded, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that vehicle is not available for any reason, winner will be awarded the cash alternative of the ARV of the prize as stated in these Official Rules, in the form of a check. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $45,000. Two (2) First Prizes: Each winner may select one jacket from the following 3 options: (1) VW Drive Gear Full Zip 3-Layer bond polyester Jacket. Features inverted zippered pockets for added wind block, inner storm flap with stand-up collar to block the wind and three layers of synthetic fabric for maximum wind and moisture protection. Left chest pocket to store cell phone. Raglan sleeve with micro fleece closure cuffs. Black jacket with Volkswagen screened across back in gray. Sizes: S,M,L, XL. ARV $69.95; (2) Nissan ½ Zip Wind Shirt. Wind & Rain. Lightweight & soft, this comfortable Jacket resists the elements and won’t hinder your swing thanks to its full cut and articulated elbows. 100% polyester shell with PU coating. 100% polyester lining throughout. Triple needle stitching on shoulders and back yolk. Half elastic half self-fabric cuffs for comfort. Sizes: M,L,XL. ARV: $55.00; (3) Cadillac Hampton Jacket – 100% polyester sueded microfiber body with water-repellent finish, stand-up collar with contrast color lining. Full zip front, zip-out hooded neck with draw cord, side pockets, cape back, elasticized waist and cuffs, mesh lining. Available in Stone. Certified Cadillac w/ Crest Logo on front. Sizes: S,M,L. ARV: $50.00. Any and all guarantees and warranties on merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturers’ terms and conditions, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim. Twenty (20) Second Prizes: $50 eBay Gift Card. Total ARV of all prizes: $46,140. In order to receive a Second Prize, a Second Prize Winner must have or must create a United States PayPal Account in good standing (the “PayPal account”) in order to receive, access, and use the prize. A prize will not be awarded to a winner with a locked, closed or restricted account. If you are an existing PayPal customer, your prize will be deposited in the PayPal account associated with the email address you provided. If the email address you provided is not associated with your PayPal account, you must associate it with your PayPal account within 7 days from time of prize notification. If you do not currently have a PayPal.com account, you must create a PayPal account within 7 days from the time of prize notification to qualify. Follow directions at www.PayPal.com to sign up for an account. Prize will be deposited in the winner’s PayPal account within 6-8 weeks of notification. You must have an eBay account and PayPal account registered in the U.S. to redeem this Card. eBay Gift Cards are valid only for purchases on eBay where PayPal is accepted. Not refundable or redeemable for cash. There is no expiration date or Card fees. Lost, stolen or damaged Cards will not be replaced. See http://giftcard.ebay.com/ns/terms.html for additional terms & conditions related to eBay Gift
All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes are not transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted, except that Sponsor at its sole discretion, may substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Specifics of the prizes are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All prizes will be awarded, providing there are a sufficient number of eligible entries received. If a winner is 18 years of age but deemed a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND TENTHWAVE DIGITAL LLC, THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES), INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (COLLECTIVELY, “CLAIMS”), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS BROUGHT BY THIRD PARTIES. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE EBAY SITE OR ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, garbled, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries or submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website, inability to submit an entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit an Eligible Participant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. Releases are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, postage-due or misdirected entries or mail. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of the Sweepstakes or modify these Official Rules at any time without notice, if in the judges’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes or for any other reason in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor may void any entries they suspect are at issue and award the prize from among all non-suspect eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who violates the rules or interferes with the Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Sweepstakes via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in that individual’s IP address and all entries from that IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, each Eligible Participant agrees to release and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the Entry.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this Sweepstakes, or to amend these Official Rules, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error or any kind, or for any other reason.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Website and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Official Rules, or as a result of technical problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Sweepstakes as contemplated in these Official Rules.
10. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, available after January 15, 2013, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by January 15, 2013 to: eBay Garage Sweepstakes Winners, P. O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
11. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125. Administrator: Tenthwave Digital LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 207W, Melville, NY 11747.
©Copyright 2012 Tenthwave Digital LLC. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these Official Rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.
Go here to find all the details on how to get in the sweepstakes: